Ultra Marines Captain.
Monday, November 4, 2013
My attempt at a gaming table. Turned out really good:
2x2ft tiles (8 of them)
Plaster put down, modeled after the GW gaming board.
This is what I used to model it after, it is a printout and I made a small tool to make the cracks in the wet plaster.
Covering the road parts so the plaster could be put down
Plaster complete, time to dry.
First coat down.
Base coat with sand.
Finished example layout. I still had two more pieces to do so that's why the road doesn't line up.
So I thought I would try my hand at resin with a kit I had ordered a few years ago. Molds were quite easy to set up, The easiest way was to create a single mold around the part and then have a sharp razor blade to split the mold after it had cured. Worked great. As you can tell green stuff took care of any "bubbles"